“An organisation’s ability to learn, and translate that learning into action rapidly, is the ultimate competitive advantage.”
Organisations can replicate each other’s technologies, structures, systems, processes and to some extent even its people. But the way in which an organisation pulls all these elements together in the form of its culture – ‘the way things work around here’ – may give one organisation competitive advantage over another.
More to the point, if an organisation has a learning culture and can regenerate in response to dynamic commercial environments, then it has a good chance of being really successful. Think about the bees, they are hard-wired to create a thriving organisation wherever they go!
I will work with you and your organisation to help create a learning culture; one which is focussed on continuous improvement and learning from its successes (and its mistakes) and where constructive conversation and feedback is commonplace.
Some examples of my work at the organisational level include:-
- Creation of an organisation charter – Vision, Mission, Strategy, Roadmap, Goals
- Change management workshops and tutorials
- Stakeholder engagement workshops
- Top-team retreats
- Action learning groups
- Peer-to-peer feedback
- Lessons learned
- Staff engagement surveys
- Training and development strategy and implementation
- Training needs analysis
- Design and implementation of competency frameworks
- Training portfolio design and delivery
- Facilitated management forums
“I have always found Liz a great person to work with; Liz has facilitated many events I have been part of and I have always found her to be well prepared and to present excellent programmes. She keeps everyone involved, and everyone wants to be involved as a result. I particularly like the way Liz ensures post-event follow-up processes are in place and that learning and behaviour change is applied where possible back in the workplace.”
Site Director and General Manager, Global Pharmaceutical company, Netherlands.
Over to you…
- Would you like your organisation to have a better way of learning from its mistakes?
- Does your organisation understand its stakeholder community, internally and externally, and do you have a strategy for influencing your stakeholders?
- Does your top team need to create an organisation charter to share with your staff and communicate to investors?
- Do you have a learning and development function? Would you like help to develop one?
- When was the last time you analysed your organisation’s capability or undertook a training needs analysis?
I’d love to hear from you.