“The purpose of leadership is to create more leaders, not followers”
As someone who’s been a line manager, I know that leading others can sometimes be the best thing you’ve ever done and also the hardest. Great leadership starts with ‘you’, your innate attributes, your skills and knowledge and your experiences to date. Developing as a leader requires self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and social skill – the essential ingredients of our Emotional Intelligence (Daniel Goleman).
I will work with you to create leadership development programmes and tailored workshops. I’ll help you to develop your leaders at all levels; help you to integrate new leaders with their teams through a facilitated feedback process, and partner with you as your coach or mentor to help you grow and develop as a truly authentic leader – to “be yourself more, with skill” – Rob Goffee and Gareth Jones.
Some examples of my work with leaders include:-
- Design and delivery of Leadership Development Programmes – including classroom events, 360 feedback and coaching
- 1 day classroom events on the Transition to Leadership and Coaching Skills for Managers (in partnership with RiverRhee Consulting); Managing Performance; Leading Change; Coaching, Feedback and Delegation (more information on request)
- Tutorials or workshops on Leading Virtual Teams. For more information click here
- 2-3 hour, one-to-one, management development tutorials based on the 4 core skills for managers: giving feedback, coaching others, closing gaps in performance and delegation
- Provision of development coaching support within an established Leadership Development Programme
- Facilitated feedback session for a new leader
- Facilitated action learning groups for communities of established leaders
- Conflict resolution within leadership teams
- Individual coaching and mentoring
“Liz first worked with me at a key point in my career as I was embarking on an intensive program of leadership development. I found Liz’s coaching to be incredibly beneficial in helping me to fully analyse my current skillset and to generate a comprehensive development plan to guide me over the next few years. Our work together was highly productive and Liz’s suggestions have allowed me to fully maximise & embed my learning, and to continue to make significant advances as a leader”
Director Research & Development, Global Biopharmaceutical Company, Cambridge
Over to you…
- Would you like to create a leader’s development programme for your top tier?
- Do your managers need some core skills training?
- Do you lead a virtual team and it’s not delivering what you expect?
- Are you a leader who would benefit from some coaching or mentoring to help you prepare for your next move or to build your impact, competence and confidence in your current role?
I’d love to hear from you.